Papers not deleted after leaving group

Hello, I recently left a group library in my Zotero Desktop to free up space, and selected the option to delete the library from my local machine. However, I think all the papers are still in my desktop library. Is there a way to go back and delete them? I assumed they would be deleted when I left the group but now they're interspersed with everything else in there.
  • Right click on the library in the desktop app and choose Remove
  • I already did. The library vanished from the menu bar, but the papers are still mixed into the Library (and I don't think they were stored in any other folders)
  • Group libraries and your personal My Library are entirely separate. Removing a group library has no impact on your My Library items at all
  • I think they are referring to files on the hard disk, and this definitely used to be a bug. I thought it was fixed some years ago though
  • @alexafh can clarify, but this sounds to me like it's referring to items, not files on disk, so I think the answer @bwiernik gave is the relevant one here.

And if it is about files on disk, it would be the same answer — any files that are also in My Library would still exist, while group files would have been deleted.