Zotero Beta: Does re-installing lose data?

I have Safari 14+ running on Big Sur. I understand that only the Beta version of Zotero is usable on this configuration and may have to be re-installed "after updates." Does this mean after Mac O/S updates or Zotero updates? Is the Users Zotero data in jeopardy as a result of re-installing Zotero?
  • From Safari Compatibility:
    Due to an Apple bug, there's currently an issue where you may need to delete the Zotero beta app from Applications and redownload it after an app update to restore the Zotero Connector functionality in Safari. It may also be necessary to restart your computer in between deleting the app and redownloading.
    Data is never affected by deleting any app from Applications on a Mac.

(The current Zotero beta will upgrade your database, so after upgrading you'd either have to stay on the beta until Zotero 6 comes out later this year or restore your data from a backup or Zotero syncing if you wanted to downgrade.)
  • @History_Hunter: If you're not comfortable running the beta, note, too, that next month we expect to be able to release the Safari extension with the release version of Zotero for macOS Monterey, which appears to fix the bug described above.
  • Excellent! I can wait a month. Thank you for the heads up.