Both first and last name apears in Chicago author date format

I'm using Zotero version 1.0.01 on Mac Office 2004.

so far so good.

however, in my last document some references shows both the first and last name of the author.
When I change the name to completly diffrnet one, it changes in the documnt and it shows only the last name. But when I reinsert the correct name, is shows again both first and last name.

Any suggestions?
thanks, Arie
  • This is most likely the intended behavior. References from the same year by authors with identical surnames & different given names (in Zotero, so "J. Smith" is different from "John Smith) are disambiguated by adding the given name.
  • Thanks a million!
  • Just for reference, there's some basic info here about this, and also a link to a method for turning it off in your style if you need.
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation
  • Slight correction to what noksagt said:
    References from the same year by authors with identical surnames & different given names (in Zotero, so "J. Smith" is different from "John Smith) are disambiguated by adding the given name.
    Current Zotero will distinguish authors that have the same surname by adding their given name info, regardless of the dates associated with the cites that contain them. I believe that this is correct behavior for the Chicago family of styles.