Need to get files to copy from My Library to Group Library

I have all 6000 articles on 70 different topics downloaded in My Library for my nanotechnology class of 60 students, with some notes on items that were not available for various reasons. I read through several forum posts about issues with regard to copying and pasting not just the items, but the files as well, from My Library to Group Library. I set up folder names in Group Libraries exactly the same as in My Library to make a drag and drop possible as your forum answers recommended. It didn't work. Copying and renaming attachments for over 6000 entries just isn't an option even though I paid the full $120 per year.

I likely have some wrong settings for the group that is preventing the simple drag and drop from occurring. I don't see anything obviously set incorrectly in the Zotero app on my computer or in the Zotero online group preferences. I even switched from Public Open to Private to see if that would make a difference.

Please help!
Prof. Jim Brenner
Florida Tech
  • Is the problem that I have attachment files stored on two different computers? Some files with some directories did actually transfer. They probably are ones that are locally stored that I downloaded individually myself instead of having Zotero successfully find them. That is true for at least one such case where the reference is to a file I uploaded. As there is some success at such a drag and drop, Zotero may successfully be doing drag and drop on any attachments that Zotero found and stored locally on this computer as well, but it is definitely NOT transferring files that were uploaded from my work computer.
  • edited March 6, 2021
    Public open groups do not allow file attachments, so that would have likely been what went wrong initially (though you've since changed that).
    To test the settings, can you check whether you can manually attach a file in the group?
    If that does work, the group settings are fine and we'll need to look somewhere else.
    If it doesn't work, we'd check on the group settings. If you have more than one group, if you wouldn't mind providing the name of the group, that might be helpful.
  • Now that I don't have public open groups enabled, most, but not all, of the attachments are dragging and dropping correctly. The problem is small enough, however, that I'll deal with it.

Thanks for the help,
    Jim Brenner