View citation tab?

What I want is an easier way to export either a text citation or the "Zotero Select Item" link without having to go through and change the preferences every time. Is there any quick way (other than Quick Export, which requires changing the preferences) to copy a text citation or the "Zotero Select Item" link?

One possible solution would be to have another tab on the right-hand side of the interface (in addition to "Info", "Notes", "Tags", and "Related") that would show the formatted citation for the selected item with a drop-down menu to allow the user to select the citation style (and maybe add a "copy to clipboard" button). This is basically the same thing as the Quick Export function, but makes it much easier to switch back and forth between different citation styles.
  • What I want is an easier way to export either a text citation or the "Zotero Select Item" link without having to go through and change the preferences every time.
    You could try using keyboard shortcuts for this with the Zutilo add-on. The relevant functions are "Copy select item links" and "QuickCopy items", see here.
  • That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you!