Microsoft Word (for Mac) sudden conflict with Word Processor Add-In [Run Time Error: ‘5’]

2»
  • To those still experiencing this: could you download the Zotero Beta open it, then go into Zotero Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors, reinstall the Word processor and see whether the issue is fixed after that?
  • That worked! Thanks so much for your help.
  • edited March 22, 2021
    @khepri As a test, could you open a new Word document, insert a citation, then using Word modify the citation text (just add a few random characters) and then try to edit the citation. Do you get a prompt about the citation text being edited, or an error?
  • If I modify the citation text and then try to edit the citation, I get a notice saying "You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it. Editing will clear your modifications. Do you want to continue?" If I click ok, it reverts to the original citation.
  • Ok, that's what you should see, thanks. If anybody else gives a shot at testing this do report whether it works and whether you can see the citation modified prompt.
  • I'm also continuing to have the same problem @adomasven
  • @bkjakubiak: Are you saying you're still seeing the problem with the latest Zotero Beta? If so, can we see a Debug ID for reproducing the problem?
  • @bkjakubiak make sure you reinstall the plugin from Zotero Preferences with the Beta before testing whether it works.
  • It's working today with the Zotero beta version installed. Thank you for your help @dstillman @adomasven
  • Unfortunately we've had to revert these changes in the latest beta due to a problem on some Macs. We'll try to restore this fix in an upcoming build.
  • Is there any update on this fix? I am having the same problem.
  • sweet it worked thank you!
  • Any update on this? I'm trying to run the Zotero plug-in for Word on a Macbook (M1) but I keep getting the "Run-time error 5". I'm using Word 16,52 for Mac and Zotero 5.0.96.3
    Any news on this in the new update?
  • @SHOrozco The error is not likely M1 related. Did you try reinstalling the plugin from Zotero Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors? If not, have you tried the Zotero Beta?
  • Yes, I have tried all solutions posted on this forum, including reinstalling both softwares, reinstalling the plug in and even Zotero Beta. Still same error.
  • https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/369565/#Comment_369565

See the troubleshooting steps above and respond in that thread with further info. Give full details on what you tried and what happened.