Fastest way to add folders of PDFs?

I've used BibTex to import my collection of references from Paperpile into Zotero, but it doesn't import the associated pdf files. What is the most efficient way to import the pdf files in and have them matched to the references already in Zotero? (I have 500+ references/articles; I'm not interested in manually matching file to reference.) Are there any good ways to do this?

THANKS
  • No, there's no way to do match PDFs to already imported items other than doing it manually. There's really no way to export metadata and files from Paperpile?
  • Thanks Adam,

The options are Bib Tex, RIS, CSV, or JSON. Would any of these work?
  • Can you export one item with an attachment in BibTeX, RIS, and JSON, copy the contents to hastebin.com or similar, and link here?
  • In principle both BibTeX and RIS can contain file links -- try exporting both, open with a text editor and see if there's any sign of the files.
  • Thanks Adam, no link I can find in BibTex, but RIS has a link (e.g. L1 below)

TY - CHAP
    AU - Markle, Susan M
    A2 - Lange, P
    TI - Empirical Testing of Programs
    T2 - Programmed instruction
    SP - 104-138
    PY - 1967
    DA - 1967
    PB - University of Chicago Press
    KW - Markle
    KW - Markle Paper
    L1 - All Papers/M/Markle 1967 - Empirical Testing of Programs.pdf
    ER -

However, I can't find the link after I import to Zotero. Where would I look for it?
  • It should be possible to import a Paperpile library including PDFs, see here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/63741/exporting-pdfs-from-paperpile
  • @qqbb, how did I miss that? Thank you!!! I'll look into that. :-)
  • Yup that works. For future reference for anyone else, all you need to do is place the RIS file inside your Paperpile folder before importing it to Zotero.

THANK YOU qqbb and adamsmith for your help! :)