Zotero Integration Error

Report# 1232987832

Mac OSX 10.6.1
Word 2008
Firefox 3.5.3

I installed the new 2.0b7 and MacWord Integration, as well as Pythonext. I get the integration error whenever I attempt to update a Word doc. Also, since installing, Firefox is refusing to update my extensions. When I restart it, it comes back with the same requests to restart. Both Zoteros are seemingly installed, Pythonext is not. In fact, something has caused a few of my extensions to to disable and request to be installed.
  • So you are getting the same error ("Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor.")?

We're still investigating this, but we don't currently have any info beyond what I told Robin on that thread and what is now on the troubleshooting page. We'll update it with any new information, but in the meantime you should try deleting those files again and reinstalling pyxpcomext.
  • Yes, I'm still getting the same error. I followed all of the steps on the troubleshooting page, I reiinstalled pyxcomext, and I installed integration 3.0a2.

This was in my error log: [JavaScript Error: "Components.classes[componentClass] is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 126}]
  • Try following the instructions here and let us know what you see.
  • edited September 17, 2009
    Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
    Word 2008
    I can't get the plugin to work: nothing appears in the Word script menu. When I click on 'preferences' the MacWord Integration 3.0a2 add-on in Firefox I get 'Reinstall Word components' followed by 'neither Word 2004 nor 2008 appear to be installed on this computer. Please install word and then try again.'

Edit: the solution: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8725/no-sign-of-zotero-in-word-or-open-office/#Comment_40470