Trouble installing Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt

• The zotero gives me the indication: “The LibreOffice add in is currently installed”
    Next I go to LibreOffice to add the required extension….

1) I have attempted to add the required extension from:
    Tools > Extensions manager > Add
    2) and I have received the message...
    Add extensions:
    Το C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu2228es4fc3.tmp_\Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt not exist.
    3) I have copied the file “Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt” FROM THE C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero\extensions\zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org\install
    TO \Users\user\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt
    4)When I attempt to proceed in Tools > Extensions manager > Add
    I observe that the Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt has been lost (not exists)…

THANKS
  • You don't seem to actually say what the error is that you're receiving, or why you're trying to manually copy files into uno_packages — that's not something any documentation of ours says to do.

You also don't say what happens when you simply try to install the LO extension from the Cite pane of the Zotero preferences.

But if you're getting an installation error trying to install the .oxt directly through the LO extension manager, there's a problem with your LO installation, and deleting your LO user directory (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user) might help.
  • Thank you for the advice to delete the LO user directory. I have actually had to rename my user directory three times already over a couple of years, and it is only because of zotero. Is there a way to get to the base of this and prevent me from having to keep renaming the LO user directory and adjusting all the custom settings again from scratch? Basically, the symptom is that the zotero plugin disappears from LO Writer at some point and when trying to re-install it, I get the above error (different folder, as I am on linux, but to the same effect).
  • It's an LO bug, so you'd have to ask them. It fixes a manual installation of Zotero's .oxt, which is just a standard LO extension, so it's by definition not a problem in Zotero.