Why do I have these annoying tags?

Hello everyone,

I am a new user moving from EndNote. I exported my library from EndNote then imported to Zotero. Here is the problem: Zotero is creating tags that are really annoying! I went to preferences -> General and made sure that automatic tagging is deactivated, but I still get those tags every single time I try to import the library!

What can I do? Please advise.

Walid
  • If you're getting tags for a file import, there are tags in the file you're importing. You should see them somewhere in EndNote as well.

This has nothing to do with automatic tags, which refer to tags in metadata provided by websites when you save from the web.
  • You are right! I did not mean to create keywords in EndNote— all I did was create a travel library from a word document that was created with EndNote and then exported that. I am not sure how to get the automatic keywording in EndNote off. Any idea?

Alternatively, can I just create a library on Zotero from document references that were originally made with EndNote?

Thanks a lot!
  • Alternatively, can I just create a library on Zotero from document references that were originally made with EndNote?
    That's not possible I'm afraid.

For the Endnote quesiton, you'd have to ask Endnote support. They're usually pretty responsive.
  • If you've imported the EndNote references at a specific date, sort your Zotero items by Date Added in the middle pane. It might be useful to create a temporary collection for items with bad tags.

You can remove all tags from selected items with Zutilo's "Remove all tags" function.

(When importing through "File" -> "Import…", there should be an option to create a collection for the imported items.)