Where on Zotero.org does the Zotero Connector save to?

Hi. When saving to the "Web Library" - with Zotero not running locally - the connector must "know" which account the citation goes to, if one has multiple accounts? I just had the (perhaps) weird experience of being logged in to my account B (having logged out of my account A previously), but the citations still went into the account B's "Web library". Was wondering if the primary request for authorization that pops up when first using the connector with Zotero not running locally somehow "hard-wires" the account credentials? Must one re-authorize the "Save to Zotero.org" preferences after switching accounts?
Cheers
Stefan
  • being logged in to my account B (having logged out of my account A previously), but the citations still went into the account B's "Web library"
    Do you mean that it saves to account A’s library?
  • Sorry - of course meant "but the citations still went into the account A's "Web library""...
  • as wondering if the primary request for authorization that pops up when first using the connector with Zotero not running locally somehow "hard-wires" the account credentials?
    Yes -- note when you authorize, Zotero asks you to create an API key. That's what the connector stores & then uses to save to that library. You'd indeed need to re-authorize to save to a different account.
  • That's clear - thanks! And to just hightlight: a connector once "authorized" to save to account A keeps saving to account A - if Zotero is not running locally - even if logged out of any Zotero account one might have...

PS - sort of off-topic: Using accounts A, B, C and so on is just a way for me to bridge time until, perhaps, the connector will allow saving to group libraries online -> https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/79354/add-items-to-group-library-from-chrome-plugin. Am patient :---)