Notes & Tags not synced?

Hi, I just proposed using Zotero as a shared bibliography manager for our institute, but then I noticed that notes and tags aren't being synced properly. Apparently this has been noted before: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/66804/sync-notes-to-group-library

Any progress on this issue? It's obviously a bug since notes & tags are directly part of an entry, so one naturally expects them to be synced like all other metadata. Any way to fix this? Can I help with implementing it?
  • This is some sort of misunderstanding. What do you mean by "syncing"? Do you actually mean syncing — i.e., syncing to the online library — or do you mean copying data when you drag an item across libraries?

Assuming you mean the latter, while the behavior described in the linked thread isn't ideal and will hopefully be improved soon, it's not a bug. Currently, items are only copied once between libraries. If the notes and tags exist when you first drag the item, they'll be included. After that, you'd need to delete the item in the target library and empty the trash before dragging again.