Repeating Full Bibliographic Information in New Chapters

I'm writing a dissertation in a single Word doc with chapters separated as different sections, i.e., "Section Break (Next Page)." I'm trying to figure out how to make Zotero automatically include full bibliographic info for the first time a previously referenced resource is mentioned in a chapter.

For example, I reference the same book in both chapters 1 and 2. The first reference in chapter 2 should include full bibliographic information, but the way it's showing now is like it's a subsequent reference (i.e., only the author's last name and the shortened version of the title).

I'd be very grateful for help on this.
  • Presently, there is no way to have section-specific formatting like this.

You may maintain each section as a separate file to work around this.
  • edited August 15, 2009
    Thanks for confirming this. I would strongly prefer to write the entire dissertation in a single Word doc, so I suppose my only option is to enter the full bibliographical information manually for the first entry of each chapter.

Suggestion to Zotero: Add an option to include full bibliographic information in a footnote. This would then override the default shortened version for citations of references previously cited.
  • Notwithstanding the fact that Zotero should be able to do this, you're ill-advised to write your entire dissertation in a single word file. Word (and open office) files of more than ~100p. are notoriously unreliable. don't do it.
  • edited August 15, 2009
    Thanks, Adam, but I strongly disagree. I'm writing my second PhD dissertation now, and I completed my first one in a single Word doc without problems. I love using a single Word doc so that I can view the document map for the entire document, create several hyperlinked table of contents (for the main headings, tables, and figures), search a single document, easily turn it into a PDF, etc.