PDF links not opening to specific page (Mac)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Shared Attachments for Book Sections/Chapters?.
  • New bug with latest beta? I updated the beta today...and since then the URIs open to the first page of the PDF, instead of the link generated from the bookmark. Until yesterday, these did properly "jump" to the page generated in the link for that Book Section.

• No, there were no recent changes to this, and it still works for me with Preview. This does depend on System Events, so you might want to check System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Privacy → Automation to make sure System Events.app isn't unchecked under Zotero.
  • @dstillman Thank you for reply. I just checked that setting in System Preferences and it is indeed checked.

The PDF does open (in Preview) when double-clicking the URI link in Zotero; it's just opening at the first page for every link, even though those links should go to the specific section/chapter. This was working fine until yesterday; other than the beta install I can't think of anything else that might have changed to cause this.
  • (P.S. Sorry for not starting new thread for this)
  • edited May 2, 2020
    P.S. Now this is odd...This feature started working proper again all of a sudden. Now the same Zotero items are opening the PDFs on the proper pages, for the start of the relevant section/chapter. Ghost in the machine?

Glad it's back to working. Hopefully it will continue on happily from now on...
  • Hello everyone,
    I have the same problem but on Windows (7). If the pdf viewer is not open the link opens perfectly without any problems but if it is open, it just brings the window to the top but doesn't change the page.
  • Hello, all -

This problem has recurred; this is now on a new M1 MacBook Pro with MacOS Monterey. All updates installed to Adobe Acrobat, the MacOS. Using the latest Zotero beta.

Whether I set the Mac's default PDF viewer to Preview or Acrobat, opening a Zotero locator link to a specific location (page) in a PDF document no longer works; the PDF opens in the PDF viewer, but remains on the first page, instead of automatically navigating to the page specified by the link.

Any thoughts on how to repair this?
    I have checked the Security & Privacy options as recommended above.

Thank you.....