Editor not showing as creator

I just installed Zotero standalone onto a new PC computer with Windows 10. After installing Zotero, I synced my libraries using my Zotero account, so that my new computer downloaded all of the information from Zotero on my old computer.

However, now the names of editors of book volumes are not showing up as creators in my Zotero library. Previously, an editor(s) name would be listed in my library the same way an author would be. But now that has changed. Any idea how to change this so that I can see the name of editor(s) in the Creator field of my Zotero library?
  • By "Creator field" you mean the Creator column in the middle panel? Editors should definitely show there (and do for me). You´re certain these are editors, not contributors, in Zotero right?
  • Yes, I mean the Creator column in the middle panel. I am certain they are selected as editors and not contributors. In Zotero on my old computer, editors would show in the Creator column.
  • Can you take a screenshot that shows 1) the Creator column in the middle pane and 2) the Editor entries in the right-hand pane, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here? (You can also email to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread, if you don't want to share it publicly.)
  • I've got the same problem. I've just installed and synced Zotero on my Mac, editors are not listed as creators. The creator slot is blank.
    Did you guys sort it out?
    Many thanks.
  • Yes, this is fixed in the latest Zotero beta, and the fix will be included in Zotero 5.0.81 soon.
  • Ok, many thanks!
  • Awesome. Just had the same problem. Happy to wait for fix in new version.
  • This is fixed in Zotero 5.0.81, available now.
  • Hi, I'm using zotero 5.0.81 on mac os 10.14.6. Sorting on the 'creator' column in the middle list panel isn't working. It works properly for almost all entries, but fails for all and only books with editors as the creators, which appear at the bottom of the list ordered by date. I suppose this means that the editor field is still not getting registered properly as a creator, since my secondary sort field is date. This seems to suggest that the problem is not in fact fixed in 5.0.81. Any help or direction you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • I want to clarify my previous comment: in the items that are not properly sorted, the editor does show up as the creator in the creator-column in the middle pane, i.e., those column entries are not blank. 5.0.81 did apparently fix that part of the problem.
  • The sorting problem has been fixed in the latest beta, and the fix will be included in 5.0.83.
  • This is still the case for me in 5.0.83 - but specifically:
    Books with multiple editors are sorted at the very bottom of the library and folders. Books with one editor are sorted correctly.
    Cheers,
  • @a_rock_lobster: That's fixed in 5.0.84.