Batch download PDFs for library

Somehow I have managed to delete about half the attached pdfs from items in my library. The icon of hte pdf is there below the library bibliographic item, but when I click on it I get an error message: "The attached file could not be found at the following path....It may have been deleted or moved outside of Zotero"

I was screwing around moving my Zotero folder to other file locations on my computer and I must have corrupted it somehow.

Is there a way to batch download pdfs ? I was thinking of doing it collection by collection or something to make it manageable. It would be about 50 to 100 at a time.
  • edited December 6, 2019
    Assuming the files are online, you can just make sure file syncing is set to "at sync time" and use "Reset File Sync History" from the Sync → Reset pane of the preferences. Don't use other reset options.

But I wouldn't really recommend doing that. If you were moving your Zotero data directory around, the files almost certainly exist somewhere on your computer, so just duplicating them all would be a waste of space and confusing. Have you searched your computer for some of the files you're expecting to find?
  • I have, but I am pretty sure they are gone. I've looked in the original storage directory and the one I moved it to.