Remove field codes from 1 citation only?

Is there a way in Word 2008 (or any version really) to remove field codes from only one citation? Or does that command automatically remove them from the entire document (which is what I've experienced). Thanks.
  • you could cut the citation, copy it to a plain text editor, and paste it back in. That gets rid of the field codes. (why would you want that, though?)
  • Word itself lets you do it: select the field and press Cmd-Shift-F9 (Ctrl-Shift-F9 on Win/Linux).
  • ...(why would you want that, though?) - adamsmith

I have Greek words in my pagination part of the reference. I don't reference by page number, but by article name, which is in Greek. I've been reading the threads about Greek characters in the Zotero fields. This Greek is in the page designation when inserting the note. The easiest way I've found to accommodate is to unlink those footnotes from Zotero.

Funny, I didn't think of simply copying and pasting the footnote (as the document can obviously contain footnotes other than resource notes). Thanks for the 'duh' moment.
  • The system you indicate is not working for me. neither, cut and paste nor ctrl-Shift-F9 remove the field code of my document. I want to remove field codes from some footnotes.
    Can you help me, please.
  • @hagosw Are you trying to remove all the Field Codes from your document? If so, use the Unlink Citations button in the Zotero tab in Word.