duplicated and edited item cannot be copied to other library

edited December 7, 2018
steps to reproduce:
select an item in a library, choose "duplicate item", then modify the duplicated item.
Try to copy the modified duplicate to another library (e.g. from My Library to a Group Library) by drag and drop: The item is not copied.
For items which were created by "New Item" or "Import", copying by drag and drop works as it should.
  • Works for me. You're positive you're trying to move the duplicated copy, not the original (check "Date Added")?

Could you produce a debug output ID for such a failed drag&drop, please: https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#zotero
  • Thank you for considering.
    Debug output sent as D2113212638.
    On copying, the target collection is highlighted, the mouse pointer changes to the usual one with the "+" sign, which normally means that dropping in this place is possible, but after dropping the item is not in the target collection nor in the target library at all.
  • I uninstalled Zotero, deleted all profile information (but not my local literature data base files), did a fresh install of version 5.0.58. Had to re-enter the path to my non standard local Zotero database folder and my account login information.
    Then again tested:
    Switched on debug logging, duplicated an item in personal library, modified the duplicate, tried to copy to group library. The target collection is highlighted, the mouse pointer changes to the usual one with the "+" sign, but item is not copied.
    Debug output D1460955584 sent.