Style Incorrect: AAG

The Citation style "Annals of the Association of American Geographers" is incorrectly adding 2 spaces between the author and date in the in-text citations.

It should be just one space.
Style guide is at http://www.aag.org/Publications/Annals/docs/Annals-Style-Sheet.pdf

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can work out why, and post an edit, or ideally fix it at the repository.

Thanks!
  • @komrade, I've made a change to the SVN repository version of the style that should fix this (it was using a prefix on year dates, plus a space to join it with the author). Haven't tested, but it should work better now. The SVN is at:

https://www.zotero.org/svn/csl/aag.csl

(Not sure if that requires a login.)
  • The updated style is now available from the style repository as well. Strangely enough I couldn't reproduce the double space issue with Zotero 1.0.10, and the preview in the style repository also seemed correct.
  • Brilliant! Thanks. Tested and working fine.

It is actually still incorrect as per their style guide:

Subsequent listings of the same author (or authors) should have "three successive “em” dashes" i.e. "———" instead of the author.
    This is implemented in other styles (e.g. "tah-soz" ) so I presume it's possible.

I actually don't like this, so it's currently perfect for my uses (I've taken a copy!), but for the sake of correctness as per journal guidelines, I'm flagging this issue.

Thanks heaps for the help to you both.
  • @komrade,
    Subsequent listings of the same author (or authors) should have "three successive “em” dashes" i.e. "———" instead of the author.
    This is supported in CSL by the slightly teutonic option "subsequent-author-substitute" (inhale). I've just added that in the repository as well. Not sure if they'll come out as em-dashes, but it will at least be closer to spec. Rintze knows more about this end of things, and will no doubt check before it goes live.
  • Rintze knows more about this end of things, and will no doubt check before it goes live.
    That's a bit too much credit in this case. Note that changes in the SVN are automatically incorporated into the style repository.