Chapter translator

edited May 4, 2018
Hi,
For the chapters, might be there a chapter translator?
If there is a translator of a section, translator comes after container title as if he/she is the translator of the whole book.
  • edited July 3, 2021
    Hello, I found this old thread with the same problem I want to ask about.

I am working with an anthology of which some essays are translated. When I enter the translator's name in Zotero's "translator" field, I want to say that it is the translator of the book section only, and not the translator of the entire book.

So for example if I have:

Title (of essay): How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Author: Martha Stewart
    Translator: Cookie Monster
    Book Title: Sesame Street Recipes

I use MLA style, so I choose to generate the bibliography it comes out as:

Stewart, Martha. "How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies." Sesame Street Recipes, translated by Cookie Monster, etc.

Whereas I would like it to say:

Stewart, Martha. "How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies." Translated by Cookie Monster. Sesame Street Recipes, etc.

Obviously in most cases probably the former situation applies, but I would like the option for the latter because I work with a lot of translations. Is there a way to toggle this? I see that there is a "Series Editor" option but not a "Series Translator" one.
  • No, there is no way to toggle it. And how I see free available documentation of MLA, I am not sure if "Stewart, Martha. "How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies." Translated by Cookie Monster. Sesame Street Recipes" is compliant with MLA.
  • You may be right -- I have the 8th edition and I just referenced it to get my point across. I see they've updated to 9th edition.