Feature Request: Bulk export of PDFs

It would be useful to me to be able to batch export pdfs in a collection to a folder. A lot of people I work with are not very tech-savvy but we share literature in dropbox folders, for example. I love Zotero (and zotfile's) renaming capacity, but then I need to send the pdfs to the literature folder. I can do it by ctrl-clicking a bunch of them and dragging and dropping, but god that's time consuming. I know also about the export to zotero rdf, but that then stores the pdfs in subfolders, which is not really accessible or convenient for my colleagues.
  • ZotFile has a send to tablet function that you can use for this (it doesn't actually have anything to do with tablets -- it just sends attachments to a specified folder).
  • OK, I see that. How do I use zotfile to just send *copies* of my pdfs to the shared folder, not move the pdfs?
  • Check that: I see what it's doing, it's set up a link in the zotero ibrary screen to the pdf in the shared folder. I think that will work pretty well.
  • No, that's a misunderstanding -- the send to tablet function (as opposed to the custom location/rename attachment one) will actually send copies to the specified folder (the original idea is that you then read it on the tablet, potentially annotate and the retrieve it from the tablet and swap the annotated file out, but that second part is obviously not required.)
  • where do I find this send to tablet function?
  • You need to set it up in the "Tablet Settings" tab of the ZotFile preferences, then it appears under manage attachments