LibreOffice 5 and Zotero integration

Hello,
(sorry for my bad english)

I have LibreOffice 5.4.5.1 and Zotero 5.0.35.1. I have a JRE (Oracle 1.8.0). But I can't install the zotero libreoffice extension. LibreOffice says "an error occurred during file openin". I have tried to re-install LibreOffice, and re-install Zotero but the problem continue. What I supposed to do ?
  • If I correctly understand you are unable to install the extension to the LO (from Zotero)? Isn't it?
    Did you try manual installation?
    See https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#libreoffice
  • Yes, it is.
    I tried manual installation but I have the same problem with it....
  • You should ensure that there is a JRE option in LibreOffice and that it is selected https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#libreoffice
  • Yes, I did this. JRE option is selected in LibreOffice, the environment is Oracle 1.8.0.
  • Go into the extension manager in LibreOffice and remove the Zotero extension (if present), then press Add, navigate to the extension oxt file and try adding it. If you get an error message, please post the error message here exactly as you see it.

What OS are you running?
  • edited February 19, 2018
    the Zotero extension isn't present in the extension manager in LibreOffice. When I try to install it, by finding the oxt file in my computer, it says : "an error occurred during file opening".

My OS is Windows 10
  • Do you use LO 64 or 32 bit? I have to say that I was unsuccessful with 64 bit version of LO so I use only 32 bit version.
  • I don't think we've ever seen this specific error before. You should try reinstalling JRE and installing LibreOffice 6.0.
  • I have reinstall JRE and install LibreOffice 6.0.1. Now, error message is different. LibreOffice says : "Ajouter des extensions:
    C:\Users\Topo\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu9mb6.tmp_\Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt n'existe pas."
  • Does your user account have write permissions in the path that LibreOffice is listing? Removing C:\Users\Topo\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice completely might fix it (it should reset LibreOffice user settings, so if you have heavily customized it, you should instead copy the directory somewhere else temporarily)
  • Wonderful !!!
    I remove C:\Users\Topo\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice and I try again to install extension Zotero on LibreOffice and now it work !!! Thank you very much !
  • I'm sorry, I think I'm facing the same problem as topo.freaks 3 years ago. I don't manage to install the Zotero connector, and when I try to perform the manual installation, I receive the error message "ajouter des extensions: /home/lasbats/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu2511zyf14s.tmp_/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt n'existe pas".

Given what is said on this forum and this one https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70732/installation-error-zotero-plug-in-for-libre-office, I would be willing to try "removing" /home/lasbats/.config/libreoffice from the path, the thing is that I don't understand what you mean by that.

Could you please explain me in simple terms how and where this can be done? Thanks in advance
  • @blasrats: You just need to delete that folder. This is a LibreOffice problem, and it's generally fixed by deleting your LO user profile.
  • Thanks for this answer, it solved half of the problem. I found my LO user profile (the .config folder) and moved it on a hard-drive that I disconnected from my computer before trying to install the Zotero connector.

The program still returned an error (see below), but the toolbar of Zotero was installed on my LibreOffice. But I still can't add a bibliography to my documents, nothing happens when I click on the Zotero functions added in LibreOffice. Does anybody have an idea about what's going on?

I precise that while trying to install the Zotero connector, I shifted my LibreOffice in safe mode, and I havn't managed to bring it back to the normal one so far. Could it be the origin of the problem?

The error that was returned during the installment: Erreur lors du chargement du BASIC du document file:///home/lasbats/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu52741lhvrkl.tmp_/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt/Zotero/script.xlb:
    Erreur générale.
    Erreur d’entrée/sortie générale
  • What LibreOffice version? You should make sure you’re running the latest version.
  • It's LibreOffice 6.4
  • What exact version? You should update to the latest 6.4 version, at least, but really you should update to the current 7.1 release.
  • It is 6.4.6.2. Ok, I will update my LibreOffice, and see whether it solves the issue.
  • Alright, I updated LibreOffice to the 7.1 version, then tried installing the Zotero connector by deleting the folder just as you suggested, and it worked!! I am now able to use it. Thank you very much for your advises, this issue was quite a thorn in my foot.