page numbers automatically added to some Word citations

I'm inserting citations into a word document using the word plugin. Due to some past issues with Zotero & the word plugin (https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/69960/update-bibliography-in-word-document-to-include-changes-made-in-zotero#latest) I decided to go through and replace every citation in the document. As I'm doing this, I've noticed several citations that now have page numbers. I didn't knowingly add these page numbers at any time, and I didn't notice that they were there any previous time I looked through the document. It's fairly simple to remove them - just edit the citation, click on blue object link, and delete the page number - but I'd really like to know how/why they're showing up in the first place. I don't see anything in the Zotero database entries for the articles in question that would specify a page number, so I don't know why a page number would show up automatically. Does anyone have any insight into what might be occurring?
  • I think I may have figured this out. It seems that any number (that Zotero doesn't recognize as a year) I enter into the add/edit citation search bar Zotero assumes is a page number and adds to the citation. In some cases I searched for a document title that happens to have a number in the document title. In other cases I started to type in the document publication year, but stopped before finishing all 4 digits when the correct article popped up in the search results. In both of these instances, Zotero automatically adds the number to the citation as a page number.
  • yes, if you add number in the citation in text, them the Zotero recognize it as page number. There is better do not use numbers in the add citation window for searching authors.
  • This occasional problem has plagued me for quite some time, and I am delighted to find an answer about how to fix it here. Thanks!