zotero connector won't save news articles

Hello,

I'm unable to save references for news articles (e.g. nytimes, the guardian, wired...) using Zotero connector. When I click on the Zotero connector button, there is no pop-up and nothing seems to happen.

I have Zotero 5.0 and the most recent version of the connectors. I've tried this on both windows and linux on my computer. I've also tried Chrome/Chromium and Firefox, after updating everything.

I have tried it with other extensions enabled and disabled. Zotero is open and I see the "Zotero Connector Server is Available" message when I verify that the browser can find it.

Ubuntu + Firefox Report ID: 1783105041
Ubuntu + Chromium Report ID: 225578841

Other items (e.g. google scholar articles; amazon) seem to work fine.

Thank you for your help
  • edited January 24, 2018
    Have you tried disabling all your other extensions? Is there an extension that you have installed that's common to the different browsers? Are these particularly slow computers, or a slow internet connection?

This isn't a general issue, and there's not really anything unique to news sites, other than perhaps that they tend to be riddled with ads, which maybe are resulting in timeouts in combination with something else.

Could you try the Connector Beta for Firefox and see if that works any better? If it doesn't, a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from that for loading a page that doesn't work would be helpful.
  • Beta for Firefox now works, thanks!

In case it's useful, the other combinations still do not work. I tried with and without extensions.

Chromium & NYT: D1309490486
    Firefox & non-Beta & NYT: D745405308.

Also, the first time I tried to submit the Chromium debug report I got the message, "an error occurred submitting your debug report: "invalid response from server""

I've tried on multiple wifi connections. The connection and computers were not particularly slow.

I also tried this yesterday without any luck:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/68785/zotero-connector-not-working/p2
  • The beta changes are now available in the release version of the connector, so you should be able to switch back to that.