Zotero unresponsive after adding footnote with Word 16.9

This discussion was created from comments split from: Word plugin errors with Word 2016 for Mac version 16.9.
  • I will try doing manually for now. I don’t think I know how to downgrade Word. In any case, if that is the best option, can you please send me some instructions? Much appreciated.
  • edited January 20, 2018
    @LeonorVeiga: I'm not sure what you're referring to. As you can see in my earlier message, we've released Zotero 5.0.34.2, which (mostly) fixes compatibility with Word 16.9. The only known remaining issue is the one identified by @araiffe where editing an existing citation in a footnote doesn't work, but that only affects you if you're using a footnote style, is trivial to work around, and certainly doesn't require downgrading.
  • @dstillman I am sorry but I just tried to add a new footnote and the Zotero app is unresponsive. I double click on the right source and nothing happens. So, I am still experiencing problems. As for editing manually, it's ok, but I prefer to do everything nicely. I started a new document and used Word referencing tools. But for the PhD dissertation I am afraid I need to go back to Zotero. Can you advise me technically? Should I uninstall and re-install Zotero? Please clarify. Thank you
  • Moving this to a new thread, since it's not clear the problems you're having are related to the new version.

Can you 1) provide a Report ID and 2) explain exactly what you're doing, from a clean startup of Word and Zotero, to reproduce the problem, and exactly what's happening?

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce
  • edited January 20, 2018
    @dstillman Ok. My version is 5.0.34 I will update and then later check. Thank you for your attention.
  • @dstillman All, but one problem have been sorted.I can add notes, edit the existing ones, etc. The software is working well, finally. Thank you!
    I have a question: any time I put a footnote and it is the same source, normally it appeared as e.g. "Ibid., 35" but now it appears always as "Smith, 35". Since I am working on Chicago, Ibid would be the good option. So, how can this be restored? I tried Preferences, help, etc, but found no place to choose this option. It was automatic. Now automatically it has changed all the existing footnotes. Maybe you can help. Thank you!