Word plugin errors with Word 2016 for Mac version 16.9

124»
  • Got the update, all working, just wanted to say THANK YOU guys again for all your hard work to create this invaluable tool and keep it free/low cost and functional no matter how hard other applications try to break it. Very, very much appreciated.
  • edited January 25, 2018
    I am experiencing similar problems, with Zotero 5.0.34.4 with Word for Mac v 16.9 and High Sierra 10.13.3. I still get the flashing when updating the citations, and when I tried adding 7-8 citations at once it just didn't work and I had to re-enter them 1-2 at a time. I was just scrolling through the latest responses, should I re-install entirely? Here is my error code:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1708.) @[setTextRaw:field.m:437]

Thanks
  • Can you describe what you mean by "flashing" and whether you can reproduce this error consistently, and if so, what are the steps to reproduce it?
  • Hello, until today I used Word 16.9 and the latest Version of Zotero (5.0.34.4) and still wasn't able to edit any existing footnotes without producing an error (Bug-ID: 1682138397).
    A few minutes ago I saw that there is/was an update for Word (new version 16.9.1). I did the update and now I can edit my existing zitations in footnotes like it should be. So it all works pretty fine for me now and the bugreport thereby isn't relevant anymore.

Thanks for the support anyway, you're doing great work.
  • adomasven - I suppose it is more "jumping" up and down in the document. I believe it was because I had copied some text from a prior document that included citations where I originally used another reference management software. Starting over in a new document has helped it manage the edit function though it still "jumps" up and down when adding a new citation.
This discussion has been closed.