sync

hi so i tried to syn my local zotero to remote zotero and all items that were present on my local zotero i cannot see any more
  • How exactly did you set up syncing? What version of Zotero?
  • (This is the same group as https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/67930/how-to-synchronize. Not sure if it's the same issue.)
  • ok let me explain from step 1:

1. So a different email was used from our group member for our zotero library.
    2. Now we have access our zotero. org account with increased storage with different email.
    3. When we tried to sync our zotero.org library with our local. it couldnt upload all , as it showed that storage is not enough.
    4. so now our local zotero library doesnt show all items that it showed previously and shows only few.
    5. what can be done now?
  • why are you not responding.

is there a way to undo syncing
  • You'll need to allow some time for people to actually look at your issue and give you a response.
    By itself, sync with insufficient storage would never delete items locally, so something else is going on. dstillman will probably want to look at the server logs to help make sense of this. I'm not sufficiently clear given your various descriptions, unfortunately distributed over half a dozen threads, what's going on.
  • i am confused. because we are new to this system and the person who uploaded the files is not with us. So all we were trying to do is to see the library that showed on zotero PC. after we synced it it didnt let us complete it , as that person storage was not enough. Now all we need is to complete our syncing but thats with her email and her account doesnt have enough storage.

So either we undo syncing
    or if some way we can add her to our account which ha more storage so syncing could be completed so we can see the files we dont see any more or just stop the syncing and undo it
  • OK, so you have person A's account locally in Zotero and that has all the items you need but you don't have access to her e-mail or other contact, so she can't join your group. Is that correct?

You have another account (person B) that owns a group with sufficient file storage and you want to transfer all items to that group. Again, please confirm I'm understanding this correctly.
  • yes partly its correct.

the other issue is person A 's account locally in zotero showed lots of collections. When we tried to sync it , it showed issue of not enough storage , so in the middle of syncing it stopped.
    now we want to syn it with person B's account which has enough storage and hoping that all the collections that previously showed on person A's account locally in zotero will reappear.
  • I think this is a situation where your best bet is to export the entire library of A to Zotero RDF and import it for person B
  • how do i do that, what are the steps involved

can the syncing stopped or undone

• because the entire library doesnt appear in a collection format , so it doesnt appear oragnized. like with titles and subtitles.

or exporting would automatically put it in the same old collection format
  • File --> Export Library
    Zotero RDF

You can't undo sync, no, but I'm not sure why you'd want to?
  • i dont see those options . where are they
  • ok got it.. but after exporting it to Zotero RDF , how will i import these files
  • There's an import option in the same menu
  • ok wait first export and then import ..i dont get it..

from the same local zotero library. Can you please explain it in detail. i cant undertsand it.
  • i am confused how will it imported for person B?
  • can you actually log out of PC Zotero and log back in with different name? i was trying that and couldnt find that option
  • I assumed person B is on a different computer? In that case, copy the folder via a USB drive or something like that and import there.
    I really have no idea about your set-up, so I'm guessing wildly here.
  • which folder.. you have completely lost me here.
  • Zotero RDF (assuming you export including files) exports as a folder.
  • ok i have a final question. I found out person A was part of the group of person B. That means the sotage size is large. but it still wont complete the synchronization and would say the same thing that storage size not enough. can you check the storage size?
  • my second question is i found all the files in the group library, however only two of those file appear as in collection folders (yellow folders) but the rest of the files do not any more. why dont they and how can they be organized back in the collection folder system
  • so basically i am trying to say those collection folders created previously that we were able to see before syncing they do not show up any more. and the syncing has stopped as well. So how can we restore the previous collection folders
  • so i cannot see the same items on my group library as i was previously . i increase storage space and syncing is complete but it still doesnt show all items on my local zotero
This discussion has been closed.