Cannot load word add-in - Word for Mac 15.38 Office 365 subscription

I've followed the online directions for reinstalling the Zotero add-in for Word (each time Zotero says it is installed). But nothing I do results in a Zotero add-in showing up under "Word add-ins" under the "Developer" tab.

I'm using World for Mac 15.38 with an Office 365 subscription and Zotero 5.0.19

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

Mark
  • Would love help with this as well...Would love some help with this.
    Laura
  • @maddlesso have you tried the manual installation instructions? Make sure you check your startup directory in Word (described at the bottom of the manual installation page).

@Laurazon could you start a new thread and describe your problem in full? See https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems
  • edited September 20, 2017
    Thank you. After reinstalling Office and trying to reinstall the plugin (which Zotero said was installed), I then started following directions found online. Found that Zotero.dotm was installed where it should be. But nothing was visible under the developer tab. I had long-ago changed the default startup folder in Word (not sure why), so I reset this to the default under 'preferences - file locations' (it defaults to a blank) and my problem was solved. The Zotero tab showed up in Word and I'm able to use the plugin. Delighted to have my work involved in inserting references and creating a list of references cut down to a bare minimum.