Style Request: IB Tauris

2»
  • @damnation sorry I have spotted a second problem - hopefully minor.

The bibliography is not ordered alphabetically by Surname as described in the I.B. Tauris guidelines.

This is in addition to the endnotes which are not coming through in the short form (again as noted in the I.B. Tauris guidelines) when a source is cited for the second time.

Thanks Tom
  • edited November 10, 2017
    @adamsmith
    Any idea regarding the if subsequent issue?

I'll get the sort issue sorted! ;)
  • hi @damnation - bibliography ordered correctly yes.

However subsequent references still are not right - they are not using the short title or just the surname. It should be: Surname, short title, page.

Examples are given in the I.B.Tauris guidelines under the heading 'Short forms'

Thanks

Tom
  • I know and that's why I asked Adam for helpm never said I fixed that part as I don't know how ;)
  • I know and that's why I asked Adam for helpm never said I fixed that part as I don't know how ;)
    I think you figured this out now with the latest version in the repository, right? Haven't checked the style guide, but I'm seeing some weird things, though:
    i) Bruce D’Arcus, Boundaries of dissent: protest and state power in the media age (New York, 2006), p.40.
    ii) Rintze M. Zelle, Josh Trueheart, Jacob C. Harrison, Jack T. Pronk, and Antonius J. A. van Maris, ‘Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase as the sole anaplerotic enzyme in Saccharomyces cerevisiae’, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, lxxvi/16 (2010), pp. 5383–5389.
    iii) Bruce D’Arcus, Boundaries of dissent: protest and state power in the media age, p.60.
    * volume in roman format for journal articles. Is that right?
    * for the locator, the page and its label don't have a separating space ("p.40"), but the journal article does ("pp. 5383–5389"), which should probably be consistent?
  • @Rintze @damnation @adamsmith

*roman numerals please - that is in the style guide weirdly.
    * should have a space in all page locators.

Thanks

• new version for review: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/pull/3109

Re the "subsequent" issue. Apparently this is not working for the OP, so that's why I'm not sure.