numbering problem URGENT HELP!

Manuscript due tomorrow to publisher. I edited some citations in the bibliography but then they wouldn't update numbering correctly. I flipped back and forth between in text [1] and [Ackerman, 2017] formats. In the Author/Year format, the edited citations still show up in bib with number, e.g:

Ancker, Jessica. 2017. “Effective Design and Use of Patient Portals and Their Impact on Patient-Centered Care.” presented at the AHRQ National Web Conference, March 23. https://healthit.ahrq.gov/events/national-web-conference-effective-design-and-use-patient-portals-and-their-impact-patient.
21. Ancker JS, Barrón Y, Rockoff ML, Hauser D, Pichardo M, Szerencsy A,Calman N. Use of an Electronic Patient Portal Among Disadvantaged Populations. J Gen Intern Med [Internet] 2011;26(10):1117. Available from: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=8602485793086559851&hl=en&as_sdt=0,36
Ancker, Jessica S., Sarah Nosal, Diane Hauser, Christopher Way, and Neil Calman. 2017. “Access Policy and the Digital Divide in Patient Access to Medical Records.” Health

I tried deleting all citations of the author in question but they still show up exactly the same in the bib. I even deleted and re-inserted the bibliography but still same problem. PS: This whole problem arose because the JMIR citation format incorrectly uses et al after 6 authors whereas the entire author list is supposed to show. ARRGGG.
  • I'm not quite sure how you edited the references in the bibliography, but the thing to try would be to revert & clear those edits.
    If you used "Edit bibliography", that'd be by clicking "Revert all" under edit bibligraphy, if you edited directly in Word, deleting and re-inserting your bibliography should do.

If you need to make manual edits before submitting, I'd recommend doing so in a copy of the document after removing Zotero field codes. Manually editing numerical citations causes all types of problems.
  • Also, if you need to list all authors in the bibliography, the style can be adjusted to do that.