Zotero library folders empty

Hi Zotero helpers,

Since yesterday all the folders in my Zotero library are empty. The folders and subfolders are still there, but nothing in them. The funny thing is that I can see the library when I open the standalone version. It's only the firefox extension that causes problems. Any ideas how to fix this? I prefer working with the firefox extension rather than the standalone version.

Error ID 37109682

Thanks in advance!
  • Make sure you're not using Firefox version 54, which is still in beta and does not work with Zotero.
  • Thanks, Adam! The Firefox version was indeed the problem! Works fine again with version 53.
  • If I use the standalone version of Zotero until the Zotero is updated to work with Firefox 54+, will my database be okay?
  • Yes, but we've pushed out a new version that's compatible with Firefox 54 Beta.

(Note, though, that the full Firefox version won't work in future Firefox versions, due to changes Mozilla is making, so you'll need to switch to Zotero Standalone and the new Zotero Connector for Firefox soon anyway. You can install those from the download page now if you want. Watch for a blog post next week with further details.)
  • Do I have to do anything to uninstall the current application, or will installing over top of it work?
  • Just installing over the other is fine; no need to uninstall (in fact, I'd discourage that)
  • Awesome, thanks.