Warning dialogs not visible in LibreOffice

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero in Libreoffice is not responding.
  • The issue (at least on Mac OS) is not that the plugin is not working; it's that it fails to display warning and error messages, for example concerning the modification of a reference that has been manually edited or on the adjustments of references that have been updated within the Zotero database. This is a long-standing problem (for almost two years already) and it is a pity that it seemingly gets ignored by the Zotero development team. I would love to get personally involved if one were to commit to address this problem. Thank you for your consideration.
  • @yrose -- I don't think that's the issue in this thread, as the original poster explicitly says "not responding" twice. If you do experience other issues, either start your own thread or bump an existing thread describing the problems your facing. (Or if you're able to identify both problem and fix, take it straight to github).
  • @adamsmith --I documented the behaviour awhile ago.

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/53597/warning-dialogs-not-visible-in-libreoffice-under-mac-os-x-10-11-el-capitan#latest

I misinterpreted this thread as the same as mine, which I replicates on every Mac system I tried with since (probably 20). I love Zotero and fully appreciate the work you put into, but I don't have the programming skills to help. I am a knowledgeable user and would be happy to test, etc.