tagging multiple items at once?

Hello! I searched the forum and the docs, but didn't spot anything like this; is there a way I can select a group of items in a Zotero collection, then add the same tag to all of them at once? I've been able to add tags one item at a time with no trouble, but I'm keeping track of my reading assignments for a class and have thus run into a situation where I frequently add several PDFs at once that are ALL note-taking handouts, OR ALL required readings, etc.

Any ideas? Thanks!
  • You can drag a set of items to a tag in the tag selector on the left.
    For colored tags, you can also press the assigned number key to assign (and unassign) multiple tags at once.
  • Ah, brilliant! I'd been trying to do the reverse and drag the tags onto the items. :) All set now. Thank you!
  • Assigning colored tags by number key - thanks, did not know that!
  • Thanks adam smith - that's brilliant!
  • Thanks--the number key idea would be great. How can I found out which numbers I have already assigned?
  • If you have a colored tag, right-click it and it will say so. If you don't have a colored tags (colored tags always show at the top of the tag selector on the left bottom, so you'd know), they keyboard numbers are shown (and adjustable) as you make tags colored (right-click --> Assign tag color)