Zotero Mac Memory

Dear Zotero

My Mac is using a lot of memory on Zotero and Word and rainbow wheeling. I think this is to do with the operating system upgrade to Sierra from Capitan - I didn't have any issues with Capitan before with Word or Zotero. An appointment at the Genius Bar yesterday saw Apple Staff tell me Zotero was not good for Mac and not compatible, which I contested. Do you have any views on Zotero and Mac that I can come back to them with? At the moment writing is hard and as I've had my Mac just 6 months I'm not all that happy. I think it's my Mac, not Zotero that is the issue. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you. Lizz
  • An appointment at the Genius Bar yesterday saw Apple Staff tell me Zotero was not good for Mac and not compatible, which I contested.
    Right — Zotero is largely developed on Macs and always has been, so that's certainly not true.

Could you be more specific about the problems you're facing, and also provide a Report ID? The Zotero Mac plugin can be slow to insert/refresh citations with large documents with many citations, but nothing Zotero-related should otherwise affect your computer's performance.