Zotero 5-beta.r91 + QuickLook

2»
  • edited November 29, 2017
    The issue is that Quicklook is still looking st the old, unmaintained Mozilla page for updates. I need to fix that bug. Don’t disable updates (that will stop your other extensions from updating).
  • Have exactly the same thing happening as scottej1980 describes, including the change from ZoteroQuickLook 1.3.1.1-signed.1-signed to 1.3.1 after a reinstall.
    Thanks for looking into this. (I'm on 5.0.29-beta.2)
  • Okay, this should now be fixed. Also, the alternative Windows version should now be functional.
    https://github.com/bwiernik/ZoteroQuickLook/releases
  • This seems to hold – have used the latest version quite a bit since yesterday and all is well. Thanks!
  • Thanks for noticing the version changes; that wouldn't have occured to me.
  • @kithairon @jaeheelee @scottej1980 @julou @ianrcopeland @am7 @kb @Joselareta @jamespl and any others who installed the forked version of the plugin from my repository.

The original developer merged my fork back into his repo. You should re-download from there to ensure that you get any future updates.
    https://github.com/mronkko/ZoteroQuickLook/releases
  • edited December 1, 2017
    Done. Thanks for the pointer, appreciate your help in keeping this incredibly useful plugin afloat.
  • Wow! Thanks for tagging me, I just installed the new version and it seems to work like a charm. Thank you very much for fixing the plugin, it is very useful and it makes my work so much easier.
  • edited December 7, 2017
    Thanks for updating this, I'll give the new one a try
  • did you re-install as per above?
  • The new one looks like its working so far, I think I still had the old one installed
  • I was able to install the Windows version of zoteroquicklook on a Windows 7 Pro machine. I installed QuickLook as the companion application. Things sort of work, but not exactly:

If I open a Windows folder containing pdfs, click on the first one, then hit space bar, the QuickLook preview opens. If I then down arrow through the list of pdfs, the preview pane updates for each one.

Inside Zotero, if I click on the first pdf title and hit the space bar, the preview opens.
    But if I then down arrow through the list, the preview stays the same. In order for it to update, I have to hit the spacebar again to close it, and then hit the spacebar again to get an updated preview. This happens independent of whether there are titles for the pdfs in Zotero or whether the Zotero window contains only pdfs without titles and metadata.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is? Thanks for any advice.
  • I think that's as good as it'll get because under the hood, the PDFs are all in individual folders and the down button of the QuickLook utility works, as you found out, by circling through all files in a given folder.
  • Yes, technically under the hood, the add-on is opening the separate Quicklook app, so the arrow keys are received by the quicklook app, not by Zotero.
  • Thanks bwiernik