Previously formatting was preserved when I would "Create Bibliography from Item" and "Copy to Clipboard". Now I get unformatted text (in Lucida Grande 12 pt). If I export as an rtf, no problem. I tried with several different styles, all with the same result.

I searched and tried adjusting preferences, looked at the forum (but may not have found the appropriate search term) and so on and found no answer.
  • I checked in the advanced config, clipboard.plainTextOnly is set to "false". Changing to "true" did not affect anything so it's not that the internal handling in the latest update reversed behavior. Copy keys (C, A) work as expected. Didn't find anything else odd related to this.
  • Now I get unformatted text (in Lucida Grande 12 pt).
    Unformatted text doesn't have a font, and Zotero also doesn't copy with a font, so the font is coming from whatever program you're using.

What style are you using, and what program are you pasting into?

In the latest version, 4.0.29.11, which you have, I'm able to copy rich-text bibliography entries successfully to TextEdit in Chicago Author-Date style. Are you?
  • edited August 29, 2016
    Also, to clarify, you're saying that Quick Copy (Cmd-C and drag) is working as expected, but going via the "Create Bibliography from Item…" "Copy to Clipboard" option isn't?
  • Dan,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I use Nisus Writer Pro. Pasting from Zotero works in MSWord, and pasting works to/from MSWord and NWPro. So it seems to be limited to Zotero --> NWP. I have contacted the NWP developers - I've never seen pasting from the system clipboard fail before.

2. I never (intentionally) use Lucida Grande. I changed all the refs to it in the Advanced preferences. Ditto all the preferences I could modify in NWP. When I paste into MWS, no problem, those are reflected. NWP still shows up with Lucida.

3. All the various copying / dragging options function as expected.

mike smitka
  • I can paste rich-text Chicago Author-Date bibliography entries to NWP from Zotero 4.0.29.11.
    I never (intentionally) use Lucida Grande. I changed all the refs to it in the Advanced preferences.
    Do you mean that you changed references to Lucida Grande in Zotero's about:config settings? If so, you should reset those to their defaults via right-click. Those don't affect copying — again, the Lucida isn't coming from Zotero — and generally speaking you shouldn't modify settings in about:config.
  • You can test whether this was different for you in the previous version of Zotero, 4.0.29.10. The latest version is based on Firefox 48, and you should get the same behavior you get pasting rich text from a webpage (e.g., this sentence) in Firefox 48.