Laval university library not actually working

"Bibliothèque de l'Université Laval" is listed as "partially compatible," but it is for all practical purpose not compatible at all. I have so far systematically failed to obtain any result from it besides Zotero hanging up.
  • Hi, I'm having the same problem with the library at the Université Laval.
    Zotero does identify the references for import (with the book icon in the Firefox address bar) but it hangs when importing. I have to kill Firefox from the command line to close the Zotero "Saving Item..." notification popup.
    I've made sure that I've enabled javascript and am accepting cookies for the site, but this hasn't helped.
    I'm wondering if maybe Laval University has changed the setup of the site? Is there anything I could try to troubleshoot?
    Thanks in advance!
  • sybille: If the "Saving Item..." field gets stuck open, that probably means there was an uncaught error in the saving process. After getting that to happen, could you use "Report Errors..." in the Actions (gear) menu in the Zotero toolbar and post the Report ID here? Thanks.
  • Thanks for your response , Dan.

I had to update Zotero on my PC to the current version in order to access the "Report Errors..." function.

With the update, the behavior of importing changed a bit. Instead of hanging, the import seems to complete although the title of the book is not listed in the Zotero popup. However, no records are in fact imported.

The "report errors" function produced the following javascript errors:
    [JavaScript Error: "defaultMenuItems is not defined" {file: "chrome://urllink/content/urllinkCommon.js" line: 223}]

[JavaScript Error: "defaultMenuItems is not defined" {file: "chrome://urllink/content/urllinkCommon.js" line: 223}]

[JavaScript Error: "url.replace is not a function" {file: "chrome://urllink/content/urllinkBrowserOverlay.js" line: 275}]

[JavaScript Error: "url.replace is not a function" {file: "chrome://urllink/content/urllinkBrowserOverlay.js" line: 275}]

I have sent in two error reports because I lost the ID of the first one when I tried to post this message the first time. (For some reason firefox thought y session has ended? I probably foget to choose "remember me" when signing in. Sorry for the spam.) The ID of the second error report is: 734348751

Thanks again.