Zotero and Word 2016

2»
  • edited July 3, 2017
    Thanks.
    I selected "Disable all macros with notification" which caused the zotero tab to appear blank and the zotero add-in buttons to be non-responsive as before. But I get the option to "Enable Macros" during each start-up of Word, which then gets the Zotero add-in working again.

Still curious though - does this mean that the zotero - Word integration plugin is not digitally signed? And if so - why not?
  • Hi

I have a similar problem - I have tried everything that has been suggested on this thread including manually installing the .dotm file into the Word Startup folder, enabling macros etc and it still does not work for me.

I have the Zotero tab but like @nitesh the buttons are unresponsive.

I am running Zotero standalone 5.0, Office 2016 and Windows 10.
  • Do you get the option to enable macros during Word startup? Do you see the Zotero macros listed under "Macros" in the developer tab? Do they work when clicked from there?
  • @adamsmith - No I do not get the option to enable macros during startup. Yes the Zotero macros are listed in the developer tab. However, they do not work from there either.

I previously had to run Zotero as an administrator to get it to work, however, I disallowed this now and it still does not work. Could it have something to do with that?
  • When trying to run from the macros menu, do you get a message saying that macros are disabled for this project, or just nothing? Does it work if you run both Word and Zotero as administrator? Could you submit a Debug ID for pressing the document preferences button in the word plugin?
  • Hi @adomasven

No I just get nothing. I will try run Word as an administrator now.

Apologies for my ignorance but I'm not sure if I have done the Debug ID thing right - here is the one I got anyway:
    D1049925949
  • It did work when I ran Word as an administrator as well. I am very happy that it works but I am worried it may be problematic to have these two programs running as admin? I know this is generally unadvisable.

Any advice as to how I can change both back to normal would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the help.
  • We've had multiple reports of integration not working unless both programs are run as administrator, but nobody has yet found a way to either reproduce the problem (so we can look into it), or a way to fix it. I'm afraid there's nothing I can advise here, aside from looking into security software permissions and or non-default windows administrative settings, if any.
  • Thank you for the help.
  • Still curious though - does this mean that the zotero - Word integration plugin is not digitally signed? And if so - why not?
    Zotero 5.0.34 for Windows now includes signed macros.