Item no longer exists - OOo toolbar

Hi,

I have Zotero 1.5-sync3.6 running on an iMac w/ OS X 10.5 and a PC with XP Pro SP3. Tuesday, on the iMac, I added some items to my Zotero collection, and they show fine in Zotero on the PC. Also on Tuesday, I installed the Zotero toolbar into OOo 3.0, and it seemed to work fine. Today, I'm using the PC and could see the items in Zotero. I also installed the Zotero toolbar into OOo on the PC.

Everything was going fine until I tried to insert a citation. Then I get the message, "This item no longer exists in your Zotero database. Do you want to select a substitute item?" I know the item is in the database, I can see it there!

What's wrong>
  • edited January 29, 2009
    I have the same problem, running Ubuntu 8.10, with Openofffice 3.0.0 build m9, and the zotero.oxt 2.0a2 extension. I am using the 1.5-sync3.6 plugin as well with Firerfox 3.

It was all working fine, but I added a few items to my zotero library and then got that same error you mention above as a dialog box: "This item no longer exists..." when pressing the toolbar button: Insert Citation.

help.....please.
  • Does anyone know how exactly how the toolbar determines which Zotero library to use? Zotero keeps its data in a Firefox profile, and for the sync 1.5 preview I am using separate "production" and "test" profiles. Since OO.o runs independently of Firefox, the toolbar must somehow be deciding where to look for references. On a system with multiple profiles, a user might very well want to use one profile over another. I cannot find a place to specify preferences for the toolbar. How does the toolbar know which one to use?
  • edited February 7, 2009
    Maybe this answers your question, although I'm not sure the OO plugin works the same in this regard as the MS Word one (you probably can easily test whether this is the case, though).

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/4735/question-on-word-plugin/?Focus=20376#Comment_20376