question on word plugin

i use two browser where i installed zotero on the same computer.
one is firefox and the other one is flock (builded on firefox). Now can zotero work with these two browser in the same time when i use wordplugin (in office or openoffice)? or which one it uses if i use the two browser i said? or it goes in conflict????
now wordplugin doesn't work for me. Is this for this reason?
thanks in advance
  • If you have Zotero installed in both browsers, the Word plugin will use whichever browser you start up first. If you want to always use a particular browser, you can change go to about:config in the address bar of the other browser and set extensions.zotero.integration.port to, say, 50002 instead of 50001. (The plugin will connect to the first browser started up that's set to 50001.)

Simply having two Zotero-enabled browsers open shouldn't prevent the plugin from working with one of them, however, so that may not be the problem you're experiencing, but you'd have to provide more details on what is wrong.
  • very thanks Dan!
    but i try with openoffice 2.4 & 3.0 with sync prewiev and openoffice/zotero-plugin(OOo3-compatible, v1.0b4), when i try to insert bibliography (or citation) openoffice crashes (don't answer and it is blocked) . I need to wait for new release or there is a bug for me?

thanks
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/sync_preview#word_processor_plugins
  • edited November 13, 2008
    hi Dan! i downloaded and tryed.
    only one botton on toolbar runs with this message:

you must insert citation before performing this operation.

with all others, the word processor (Oo and Office) crashes...

bye