Style Request: Oscola

123457»
  • perfect, thanks
  • I am new to Zotero so this may be out there, and I just haven't found it in the forums or guides... but has anyone worked out how to enter Hansard?

Hansard is the record of parliamentary debates in commonwealth countries.

The format should be really simple:
    Title, volume, columns

So the "title" which is eg. HC Deb 3 November 2017 (the date is part of title)
    This should be without italics (so not item type: book)
    It shouldn't have apostrophes around it (so not item type: book section)
    The title is followed by comma then volume.
    Volume is followed by comma then columns.

Columns are like paragraphs in a judgment. They are for pinpointing where in the debate the particular section of speech is happening.

I have played around with different item types for a workaround, but cannot find one that follows the very simple "Title comma volume comma columns" format required.

The Oscola Guide entry is:
    3.4.2 Hansard and parliamentary reports There are three series of Hansard, one reporting debates on the floor of the House of Commons, one debates in the House of Lords, and one debates in the Public Bill committees of the House of Commons, which replaced standing committees in 2007. When referring to the first two series, cite the House abbreviation (HL or HC), followed by ‘Deb’, then the full date, the volume and the column. Use ‘col’ or ‘cols’ for column(s). In the House of Commons, written answers are indicated by the suffix ‘W’ after the column number; in the House of Lords, they are indicated by the prefix ‘WA’ before the column number.
    HC Deb 3 February 1977, vol 389, cols 973–76
    Cite debates in the Public Bill committees of the House of Commons with the title of the Bill, followed by ‘Deb’, followed by the date and the column number. If the Bill title is very long, begin the citation with ‘PBC Deb’, followed by the Bill number in brackets, as in the alternative form shown in the first example. The second example shows how to cite debates in the old standing committees. Health Bill Deb 30 January 2007, cols 12–15

Any help with a work around for this would be great.