To use groups with optional My library sync with Zotero server

For to use groups to share with colleages we must sync My library with Zotero server . It's not comfortable, better it will be not mandatory, as in fact there can be intimate or secret things in My library.
  • This will be possible in a future version of Zotero.
  • Dan, thanks for the reply. Can you say in what time such version will be?
  • I would like to continue the theme "Security of personal information and the usability of the Zotero". So, a person can store in Zotero information that can not be moved beyond the personal computers which he use. The need for Zotero data synchronization on computers: at work, at home, at notebook with which he walks - remains actual.
  • It would be useful 2 possibilities:
    1) ONE - PER - ONET synchronization, with no use Zotero server ;
    2) the technology of Zotero data independent image, all collections or selectively; Some utilities / function should allow synchronization between Zotero on your computer and portable image on an external drive. This must be synchronization, rather than just copying.
  • you can easily do this with files simply by linking them (and then using whatever external sync function you want -- be it Dropbox, be it something rsync run you set up yourself).

Syncing that doesn't involve Zotero server isn't going to happen for metadata, though (absent a full local Zotero data server install, which some people have--the code is open--but which is a major undertaking).
  • Thank you, Adam.
    Yes, this is about sync without Zotero main or local server. As in other application such interaction is called one-per-one (computer - to -computer). So one per one sync without Zotero server. The reason that this is necessary, - a security of personal (group) data of researcher.
  • right, and I'm telling you it's almost certainly not going to happen given the infrastructure necessary for sync.