Error report 1597338189

Trying to sync a new computer. My account has a very large number of entries, about 3000. Sync carries on all day and seems to be fine up to about 60% then stops. Currently only 13 entries appear. Repeated this process three times.
  • edited July 17, 2015
    Not quite sure what you mean here. Where are you seeing 60%? And what do you mean by 13 entries? Zotero (currently) only shows a progress bar and progress details for file syncing, but file syncing happens after data syncing, which means if you're seeing a progress bar then all of your items have already synced — just not their files. So either you would see all your items, not just 13, or you couldn't see progress details.

Beyond that, there are no Zotero errors in that report. What's the actual error message you're getting from Zotero?
  • I'm not seeing 60% - I'm seeing x out of y files when i hold the mouse over the syncing icon and when it reaches about 60% of files, it stops. I'm not seeing a progress bar. The error message says 'there is a problem. If you get this message repeatedly, send error report' so that's what I did.
  • But that's still file syncing, which happens after data syncing completes, since it wouldn't be possible for you to see only 13 items. All of your items are synced before any files are synced.

For file sync errors, start here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/file_sync_errors
  • Thanks. I've looked but I'm not running software that will interfere. I also don't see a progress bar only a green syncing icon. I don't get error messages any more. Now it is not accessing the files at all as syncs end after a few seconds. I still have only 13 items.
  • Yes, but once more, if it's telling you about files, that's file syncing, which takes place after data syncing, and data syncing is all or nothing. So if you're only seeing 13 items, you're either looking in the wrong place or syncing from a different account.

Can you provide a Debug ID that shows a few minutes of syncing?
  • Thanks. Debug ID is D575144165.
    I only have one account that I have been using for over 4 years. The webpage version shows the right data so I don't understand what can be going wrong. I do remember having this problem last time I had a new computer but unfortunately not the solution.
  • That shows a normal, successful sync, including a successful file sync. Are you sure you're not just looking in the wrong place? Are you looking in the library root? (Do you, say, have the left pane collapsed, with something other than the library root selected?)
  • edited July 19, 2015
    If you think you're looking in the right place, can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere, and post a link to it here (or send it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread if you'd prefer not to post it publicly)?
  • Thanks Dan. There was something blocking the library pane so I missed that obvious solution. Also spooked by the error messages and then assumed these had not resolved. Thanks for your time.