JSTOR Not Working (January 2015)

2»
  • ...and then wasn't able to replicate it ("the plugin now works fully").
    There's an issue with Safari that's replicable and universal.
    If there is an issue with Chrome and JSTOR, it occurs only for some people and only some of the time, which means we'll first have to figure out when that is, something I'd like to keep off this thread.
    So please trust that we know what we're talking about and start a new thread as directed.
  • Hello,

I'm a librarian at a University and I am helping a patron that is experiencing the same problem discussed in this thread.

She is using Safari to capture data on JStor via Zotero's connector. She is on a Mac, running the most recent updated software.

Her error report was:

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not an object (evaluating 'tab.page.dispatchMessage')" {file: "safari-extension://org.zotero.zoteroconnectorforsafari-69X6C999F9/bb7b0f3/messaging.js" line: 148}]

Report ID:53035314

Please let me know if there is anyway that this issue can be resolved.

Thank you
  • the only current solution is to use Chrome or Firefox with the respective extension. We'll post here when the Safari issue is solved.
  • Still not resolved? Experiencing this issue still.
  • edited November 8, 2015
    actually, I just pushed what I hope is a fix 5mins ago (possible because JSTOR adapted the site; this wasn't possible--at least not with reasonably effort--earlier).

Update your translators from the general tab of the Zotero preferences. Restart Zotero & Safari and try again.

edit: Please report back either way after testing.
  • Thank you! Just tested and working :)