Word-Addin and CSL first-reference-note-number - problem with numberin

Hi,

I have a problem (probably) with the Word-addin. I am using a footnote-style to add my citations (neue-juristische-wochenschrift.csl) which uses the "first-reference-note-number" to refer to the first occurence of a cited book (see above Fn. ...).

Now, my text has one leading footnote as an asterisk (as is commonly used for information about the authors) and following that numerical footnotes. Like this:

* <information about author>
1 Book1, title, page 23.
2 Book1, (o. Fn. 2), page 33.

As you can see in the example, the reference is wrong. Apparently, the word addin counts the footnotes above instead of using the number/symbol itself.

Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks
  • Not really, no, sorry. The way I understand this, the add-in can only access the internal footnote numbering, not the actual number of the footnotes. The same problem occurs, e.g. if you restart footnotes for a chapter.

That said, you should be able to
    a) add the * not as a footnote but simply write it into the footer of that page

or
    b) add the * footnote as the last step in a copy of the document, after you've removed Zotero field codes. The FN cross-reference won't update anymore.
  • Okay. Thank you very much. I will use the workarounds :)