Simple workflow for search groups and My Library together

To me, one of the benefits of having a program like Zotero is being able to say "What do I have on topic X" or "...by author X" and search my entire library in one step. That's a little harder with group libraries b/c they must be searched separately from the "My Library" library and individually.

I'm trying to work out a simple workflow that will let me search all my references at once whether they're in My Library or a group library. Any ideas are welcome.

The only solution I've been able to think of is to create a copy of each group library in My Library under a special folder (to remind me that it's a copy of the group library). That requires a little more management though, it's it's complicated by the fact that the entire group library cannot be dragged into My Library and I cannot select multiple folders to drag and drop (must do each folder within a group library separately). Also, I can't figure out how to get my un-filed items dragged into My Library without putting them in a folder first.

Any ideas for modifications to this workflow or other workflows are welcome. Thanks!