Troubleshooting Word Plug Ins

I have Zotero Stand Alone and am looking forward to using it to cite.

When I tried to install the word plug ins, I only see plug ins for Firefox.

I downloaded this - when trying to run the xpi file a message said I didn't have the capability on my computer, and which programme did I want to use..

I accidentally hit chrome, and now every time I try to open the download it just regenerates itself.

I use Windows 8 and Google Chrome, also Word.

Can anyone help??

I'd be hugely grateful.

Best!

Lizz
  • The Word add-on comes pre-installed with Zotero Standalone. You can re-install it from the Cite tab of the Zotero preferences if it's not appearing in Word (where you'd see it in the Add-ins tab).
  • Thanks. I have done it. Now just fiddling with citations to make them right. I see you've helped lots of people with this in the past. I'm a slight technophobe but I'll get there.

Do you have a video for how to change the citation style in a document to match another journal?

Thanks for all your help.

Lizz
  • what do you mean by changing citation style? Do you want to change to a different style (which is easy) or do you actually want to make slight changes to a style (which is more challenging).
  • edited October 23, 2014
    Hi -I mean - say you write your thesis in one style and have 1000 footnotes. Then your book publishers say, we need another citation style. Is there a button you can press to hey presto turn one into the other??

I have been using Mendeley, which is fantastic for in-document word searching (which I *think* Zotero can't do?)

Best

Lizz
  • see here:
    http://ica.library.oregonstate.edu/tutorials/lesson/626--Introduction-to-Zotero?mid=24721&type=MiscellaneousResource&uid=1251

start a new thread for the in-doc searching. Zotero can search in documents, but not display the search results from those documents, at least at this time.
  • edited October 25, 2014
    I have installed zotero standalone for chrome and I see a message "word cannot communicate with zotero",every time I try to insert citation.I have installed appropriate plugins as well.Some one who has already encountered similar problem can help me?
  • There is no such thing as Zotero Standalone for Chrome. Please read https://www.zotero.org/support/installation#where_and_what_do_i_download and start a new thread if you experience further issues.