zotero add-ins tab does not appear on my word 2013

Hi the zotero add-ins tab does not appear on my word 2013 anymore. I downloaded both the latest zotero and plug in again and restarted my computer, still nothing. I haven't used zotero for a few months. Every time I leave out using zotero something wrong happens. Is there a better alternative?
  • Check whether the add-on is listed under tools-->add-ons-->extensions in Zotero/Firefox. If it is, try re-installing it from the cite ab of the zotero preferences.
    If that doesn't help, run through
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#toolbar_does_not_appear_in_word_for_windows_or_is_incompatible
  • Thank you Adam! I have Zotero Word for Window Integration 3.1.16 on my adds on list and I have then clicked on options and then on the cite tab, reinstalled it twice but still when I restarted word, there is no add-in tab.

The linked page does not seem relevant to me as I am using word 2013 English version, not starter edition. I also never received a message saying that the plugin is incompatible with the installed version of Zotero.

Any other idea? How do these things usually get resolved in the end?
  • edited August 11, 2014
  • Thanks Dan! I tried this already but it didn't work:(
  • Can you say what you tried, exactly? Specifically, what do you see if you look in Templates and Add-ins, and what do you see if you look in the folder listed there?
  • I went to Firefox - open menu - add-ons manager - extensions, and then saw on the list "Zotero Word for Windows integration 3.1.16" and then I clicked into the "option" button next to it and then under the cite tab, clicked into the "reinstall microsoft word add-in" button. I restarted both word and my computer as a whole and still do not see any add-in tab in word.

Could you clarify which page are you referring to when you said "templates"?

As I said, there is still no "add-ins" tab on my word.
  • I don't know the exact form that the old Templates and Add-ins window takes in Word 2013. See the related thread on Word 2013 and post there with any follow-ups. I'm closing this thread so we can keep the discussion in one place.
This discussion has been closed.