error ID: 462831189 [MLZ] downloaded Zip file not found

The error above started appearing on my windows office pc. Sync between my laptop and home machine (both OSX) work fine. but my office pc is now out of the loop it seems. I have no clue what zip file is causing the problem. any help would be great.
  • From the source, it looks like the error message should read as follows?
    Downloaded ZIP file not found in Zotero.Sync.Storage._processDownloadedZip()
    If that's the error, the OS is just failing to create a temporary directory that it needs. According to Dan's response on a similar issue, the most common cause is a problem with the system's security settings.

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/29278/downloaded-zip-file-not-found-in-zoterosyncstorageprocessdownloadedzip/

If a check of the security settings and (just to be safe) a check of the available local disk space does not turn up obvious problems, we'll need to dig a little deeper.
  • And from the looks of it you're getting a whole bunch of similar errors that aren't related to Zotero at all: "Add-on not found after install".

So security software is quite likely at fault here.
  • Thanks Dan and Frank. I won't be able to look at this again for another week it turns out. But i ll get back to it as soon as i can take another look at the machine. Since it is an office machine i m not fully able to customize security settings. But if "download as needed" can be a work around i can live with that.