"Downloaded ZIP file not found in Zotero.Sync.Storage._processDownloadedZip()"

I am syncing computers A and B (A is Win 7, B is a fresh install of Win 8, Both with Firefox 20.0.1 and Zotero 4.0.8). In computer B I can't open the PDFs that are coming from A. However, files uploaded originally in B sync fine with A. In B get this syncing error:

"Downloaded ZIP file not found in Zotero.Sync.Storage._processDownloadedZip()"

An when I try to open a pdf file I get: "Attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted."

I followed all the instructions in:

http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing

without solving the issue.

The Bug ID is ID847877030.

I hope this is the right place to ask for help in solving this.

Best and thanks,

Nelson
  • This is usually caused by security software or a permissions problem in your Zotero data directory.
  • Thanks, Dan. I changed Computer B's Zotero data directory's permissions (unset read-only in Windows 8) and also tried changing its locations (with unset read-only). In both cases, both of the problems described above persisted. Interestingly, if I set the option Download files (Settings, Sync) to "as needed", Zotero does download the pdf files on request. I can survive with this, but if you know of any other alternative to try, pls. let me now. Thanks,

Nelson
  • If you paste '2MUFFMRM' (without quotes) into the quick search bar and try to download that attachment on-demand, does that work?
  • No, it does not. Is this good? or bad?
  • Good. Reproducible bugs are always better than non-reproducible bugs.

Could you provide a Debug ID for just that?
  • I just did. The Debug ID is D720768207. Pls. let me know what you find. Thanks.
    Nelson
  • Are you able to download https://www.box.net/dav/zotero/2MUFFMRM.zip through Firefox?
  • No, I am not.
  • This is a problem with your WebDAV server, then.

What happens, exactly?
  • Nothing happens. In Firefox, I just clicked on the link to 2MUFFMRM.zip as you sent above, then box.net asked for my credentials, I introduced them, and nothing happened. No even a "File not found" or error message, just an empty page and the url address in the url bar. Interestingly, if I do exactly the same with say, MSGTPT95, I immediately get the download dialogue box querying for opening/or saving location. I did this in computers A and B, and get exactly the same result. Also, I worked this morning from computer B and downloaded a number of pdfs (on demand) without any problem. So, it is puzzling that it gives me trouble only with some files. Any advice is welcome.
  • It might not show anything, but you can try going to Page Info -> Headers after attempting to load the URL. In the bottom half, under Response Headers, is there anything in the first line (which should be "RESPONSE" under normal circumstances)?
  • You can also look at that file on your WebDAV server. Does it show up as existing? How large is it?
  • I could not find the Headers option in Page Info. I looked into the WebDAV server. The files are there. 2MUFFMRM.prop is 117 kb; 2MUFFMRM.zip is 127 kb. I was able to download the zip and prop files directly (using the download button).
  • OK, that just means the request was interrupted somehow. You'll have to talk to your WebDAV provider.
  • edited May 6, 2013
    (You might also try the above URL in a different browser. If that works, you can try clearing your cache in Firefox.)
  • OK. I'll contact the WebDAV provider. Thanks a lot for trying to debug this.

Nelson

PS: I could not download the file in an alternative browser, nor after clearing Firefox's cache.